Sunday, January 06, 2013

black *teapot* magic

My sister figured this out by accident.

It's got to be the easiest way to clean a teapot stained with black tea.  Here's my teapot, which serves us well making black tea for us every afternoon.


Make a pot of fruit tea.  I used some old loose fruit tea that is so old I don't feel like drinking it anymore.  But it would work just as well to make a pot you want to enjoy too.  After the tea has sat in the pot for a while, empty it.  Then when you clean it, the stains will come off with almost no scrubbing. I used warm water, soap and a sponge, and just rubbing gently gave that distinct line you see in the right photo.

 


Rinse it out, and it's good as new! 




1 comment:

Elizabeth and Milan said...

a picture is worth a thousand words. I am glad you posted it. It is such a great trick. My pot is really needing it now.