Tuesday, June 12, 2007

North Carolina

I haven't written for real on my blog for a long time, probably because I have so many good Middlemarch quotes to post that when I come to post, I just post one. I finished Middlemarch last night, and now say that I do recommend it. It was so good, and after 900 pages I still wish I could go back into that world. My reservations about recommending it initially for its length and, at times, slow plot, are gone: it was worth it all.


especially for this one delightful quote:

"And, of course, men know best about everything, except what women know better." ~Celia (838)


Last summer I could not blog currently about my travels because I was never with a computer. But this summer I think I should be able to be better about it.

So far, I have had a wonderfully fun trip to the lake, full of shenanigans and tomfoolery:











and silliness with Courtney:



No comments: