Monday, January 22, 2007

America Songs

This might come close to being last year's song.
(For obvious reasons, I think, but namely that I put this song as the first track on my Traveling Across America cd and now can almost sing through the entire song.)


See CP's blog for another fun one.

Songs for traveling across America:

1. East Coast/West Coast. by Singing Mechanic
2. Wakko's America by Animaniacs
3. Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
4. Stuck in Mobile with You by Bob Dylan
5. City Beneath the Sea by Harry Connick Jr.
6. Waltz across Texas by Emmylou Harris
(which is beautiful, and especially wonderful when you're sweeping across the flatlands of Texas)
7. California by Joni Mitchell
8. Iowa by Dar Williams
9. Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen (because, I just learned, it's the state song of NJ)
10. Carolina In My Mind by James Taylor
11. Oh, Atlanta by Alison Krauss
12. Rainy Night in Georgia by Tony Joe White (of which Hem has a beautiful rendition)
13. You're My Home by Billy Joel
14. America by Simon and Garfunkle

there's more to add to that list, but it's time for bed.

No comments: