Thursday, November 17, 2005

football

I've managed to keep from complaining about football this season on this blog, which is a pretty good sign. Actually, it's been pretty ok here. There have been a few spotty moments, but I've come around pretty well.

But this made me laugh out loud so hard, and me laughing at a joke within football culture is a very good and healthy thing for me to do, so I must share with you all and let you know that hard feelings might be subsiding.

all in jest...
(I hope these guys don't mind me publishing their works;)

Jonathan:
Well the Iron Bowl is again upon us and I haven't heard of a place to watch it yet, so how about mine and Will's place? Game is at 3:30p, come over around 2:30 if you want. Maybe we can cook out if we feel like it. So if you are for Auburn or Alabama or your team has tanked this season and you want a decent team to cheer for, come on out for the battle of the titans.

Ryan:
I am coming back from L.A. on Saturday, but I should be back by half time. I would love to come over and watch Alabama whip up on Auburn. I will go ahead and forecast a 24-21 Victory.

Should I apologize ahead of time for any crude comments I may make to the Auburn people on Saturday? I am sure I have some good cow tipping/manure tossing jokes about Auburn.

(It's not funny yet...just wait.)
Shannon:
I agree, Ryan, roll tide! Auburn stinks! Blehh! Shannon

Shannon - 3 hours later:
Alright folks. You can CERTAINLY dismiss that last email that "I" sent--A. Miller seized control of my account and sent out that previous memo of slanderous blasphemy. That's what I get for leaving my email inbox open and vulnerable in an apartment with a Georgia bulldog pacing around the premises. What a fool I was.

THIS is what I meant to respond with:

Tuscaloosa, AL
Associated Press -- Nov. 15, 2005

The University of Alabama football practice was delayed nearly two hours yesterday after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field.

The head coach, Mike Shula, immediately suspended practice while Tuscaloosa police officers, Alabama State Troopers, and federal investigators were called in to investigate.

After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance unknown to the players was the goal line.

Practice was resumed after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again this year.

Mike Shula told investigators, "We haven't seen too much of that this year, it just kind of caught us off guard."

No comments: