- "There'd be no future for that stuff in the future."
- "A couple of times, I hooked up with a girl I knew from the Cafe Wha?, a waitress who was good to the eye."
- "The place had an overpowering presence of literature and you couldn't help but lose your passion for dumbness."
- "Up until this time I'd been raised in a cultural spectrum that left my mind black with soot."
- "She'd usually be with the type of guys that looked like private detectives."
- "Delores was wearing a long beaver fur coat over a nightgown that looked like a dress."
- "I crammed my head full of as much of this stuff as I could stand and locked it away in my mind out of sight, left it alone. Figured I could send a truck back for it later."
- "I felt myself sitting there and degenerating into boorishness, felt like two parts of my self were beginning to battle."
- "I just got a cosmic hit in the pants. I probably should have been wearing steel underwear."
- "Be like Gene Kelly and go singing in the rain even in a downpour. If I did that I'd get pneumonia."
- "It might be interesting to try the conventional life for a while."
And I just like this, from Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat:
"Well, you must tell me, baby, how your head feels under something like that."
If this doesn't help explain why I like Dylan, I really am not sure what else to say.