Wednesday, January 25, 2006

grammar

Grammar Review
Punctuation: Semicolon, Colon, Hyphen, Dash

Edit these sentences using the above punctuation. Note that some sentences might be fixed in different ways: do what you think is best, but leave each sentence as one sentence.

1. I intend to bring four things for the party, napkins, plates, drinks and cups.
2. Amy will I certainly hope remember to bring the cake.
3. Betsy said she would bring a vegetable tray, Christy will bring the dip.
4. There are a lot of things to do for a person turning twenty eight.
5. A party for a four year old might not be so complicated.
6. Nathan arranged for the clown, bought large, red balloons, picked up the presents, cards, and prizes, and sent invitations to friends in Ashville, North Carolina.
7. Next year we won’t plan something so big this is getting ridiculous.
8. Courtney will be surprised she thought we forgot.

2 comments:

CP said...

Pretty much, I'm just excited about the clown. Haven't had a clown since I was maybe 4.

Nathan Smith said...

So I got picked to bring the clown?? What are you trying to say Kate? As Brent would say, it's just because I'm festive.